Friday, February 13, 2009

OBEDIENCE

I have been thinking a lot about obedience lately. Mostly, I think, because the Long Beach Mission stresses 100% obedience constantly. When Brett bore his testimony to us during his Christmas phone call, the two things he said he has learned most on his mission is the power of obedience and the power of the Book of Mormon and its ability to change lives. I came across this quote in my daily studies and I just wanted to share it:
"Regardless of our age and stage in life, daily obedience to gospel principles is the only sure way to eternal happiness. President Ezra Taft Benson put it most poignantly when he said, 'When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power.'” - Elder Donald L. Staheli, May 1998 Ensign

No comments: